New to telecourses? Read our FAQ.
Wednesdays, June 7-July 12, 2017
5:00-7pm Pacific / 8:00-10pm Eastern
NEW TELECOURSE: Part II: Living the Awakened Life: The Bhagavad Gita and the Path of Action
“Yoga is the separation from union with pain.”
—Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita
Why has the Bhagavad Gita been a wisdom-guide for so many people, for so many centuries? Because it really does tell us how to live a spiritual life in the world. In Krishna’s teaching to Arjuna there is a powerful transmission that meets you where we are, and takes you to the next stage. That’s why we can study it again and again and find that its always relevant to our lives at this moment in time. The more you practice its teachings, the more you realize their power and truth, and the more they refine and open you.
Many of you who took Part One of this class shared your deep experience of the transmission that came through the text and the course itself. This second 6-week class takes us deeper, not only completing the teachings on enlightened action, devotion, dharma, and surrender, but offering granular guidelines for examining the quality of your inner life, your motivations, and your relationship with spirit. Using the powerful commentaries of three enlightened teachers—Abhinavagupta, Aurobindo, and Jnaneshwar—we will examine the often koan-like words of Krishna to Arjuna in depth. We’ll meditate, discuss, contemplate. Above all, we’ll discover how to apply this transformative wisdom to ordinary situations.
- The real secret of navigating dark times
- Choosing skillful action: Krishna’s infallible guide to doing the right thing at the right time.
- Surrender: the myths and the reality
- Combining the four great paths to Self-realization
- What is devotion, why does it matter, and how to awaken it in yourself
- Using the three gunas to understand your own actions and the state of your mind
- The inner guru, guidance, and the discovery of discernment
Those who did not take Part I will be provided with the first lecture of the series to download and listen prior to the first call. In addition they will need to have read at least through Chapter 9 in the Winthrop Sargeant translation, or in the translation that will be provided in the student area for Part II. If you would like to purchase the full Part I telecourse, please click here.
All participants upon purchasing/signing up and/or entering the private student telecourse area understand:
- They are responsible for any long distance rates when calling into class.
- The materials received during the course are copyrighted by law and they shall not be given away, sold, or shared with others without expressed permission from Sally Kempton or her designate.
- They are giving consent to audio recording, and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for webcasts, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on web sites, publication, sale, or any other purpose by Sally Kempton and/or her representatives. Teleclass participants release Sally Kempton and each and all persons involved from and liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of sound recordings. As a teleclass participant any and all rights are waived to any claims for payments or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, or other publication or sale of these materials. Participants also waive the right to inspect or approve any audio recordings.
- Their last name will never be shared on calls (unless the individual shares it) to protect participants anonymity and confidentiality.
- They will receive recordings of the classes, and must honor confidentiality and copyrights of all material. Please do not share class recordings with anyone and know that you may have access to the recordings, but they are the property of Sally Kempton and you are not allowed to sale, distribute, or use them for promotional or advertising reasons without Sally Kempton’s expressed permission.
Past course topics include:
- Open Heart Meditation, Level I
- Witness Meditation: The Power in Awareness, Level II
- Art of Tantric Meditation
- What is My Dharma?
- Practicing Enlightenment
- Dancing with the Divine Feminine
- Falling in Love with Meditation
- Turning Poison into Nectar: Practicing with the Energies of Your Shadow
- Kundalini: The Living Flame of your Conscious Evolution
- Freedom, Ecstasy and Awakening: A Deep Dive into Tantric Meditation
- Surfing Reality I: The Transformative Journey and the Yoga of Divine Energy
- Surfing Reality II: Practicing with the Energy of the Universe
“The power of these teleconferences continues to astonish me. Sally’s voice is so magical, pure, profound, and insightful that I can go almost instantly into a deep meditation when I hear the guided meditations. Her teleclasses share so much wisdom and knowledge.” –– JC, Palo Alto, California
“Practical, insightful, and above all deeply meditative, Sally’s teleconferences have become indispensable to my practice.” –– LM, Portland, Oregon
“I have been struggling with meditation commitment for years. Sally’s guidance and positive encouragement has shifted this for me in a way that no other teacher was able to guide me through.” –– ES, Austin, Texas