New to telecourses? Read our FAQ.
Wednesdays, January 9-February 13, 2019
5:00-7pm Pacific / 8:00-10pm Eastern
NEW TELECOURSE: The Path of Life and Death: Wisdom and Practice for the After-Death Journey
The true test of our practice is the moment we face our own death. In the eastern traditions, death is seen as a time of powerful spiritual opportunity. If we are prepared and conscious, the illusions of our life can fall away, and we can liberate ourselves from suffering and open to the highest truth of the Self.
In this retreat, we’ll work deeply with the yogic teachings and practices on karma and dying. What does it mean to be prepared for dying? How do our karmic patterns affect our life circumstances, and how can we make our practice an antidote to our suffering by unlocking the secrets of transcending karma? Are there methods of moving beyond the ego that we can learn and practice in meditation?
Above all, what are the most effective practices we can use right now that will not only make our lives better, but also protect us at the time of death?
In this telecourse, we’ll look into the deep secrets of karma and the techniques and understanding that help us move beyond our illusions about ourselves. We’ll start by establishing the deepest possible understanding of karma and how it works. We’ll look at the connection between our spiritual practice and our karmic patterns. We’ll discover what the sages of all great yogic traditions teach us about how to move beyond karmic obstructions.
We’ll work with great teachings from the Upanishads, the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and the experiences of yogis who have experienced the worlds between lifetimes.
Above all, we’ll practice with the great yogic techniques that assist us not only through our lives, but also in the moment of death—and beyond.
- How particular karmic patterns affect all the areas of our life,
- How inner and outer practices can transform these patterns—and which patterns can be transformed and which must be accepted,
- The secret pathways of the after-death worlds,
- What the sages teach us about how to leave the body,
- What it really means to let go,
- And much more.
Will be available as downloadable content in June 2019.
All participants upon purchasing/signing up and/or entering the private student telecourse area understand:
- They are responsible for any long distance rates when calling into class.
- The materials received during the course are copyrighted by law and they shall not be given away, sold, or shared with others without expressed permission from Sally Kempton or her designate.
- They are giving consent to audio recording, and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for webcasts, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on web sites, publication, sale, or any other purpose by Sally Kempton and/or her representatives. Teleclass participants release Sally Kempton and each and all persons involved from and liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of sound recordings. As a teleclass participant any and all rights are waived to any claims for payments or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, or other publication or sale of these materials. Participants also waive the right to inspect or approve any audio recordings.
- Their last name will never be shared on calls (unless the individual shares it) to protect participants anonymity and confidentiality.
- They will receive recordings of the classes, and must honor confidentiality and copyrights of all material. Please do not share class recordings with anyone and know that you may have access to the recordings, but they are the property of Sally Kempton and you are not allowed to sale, distribute, or use them for promotional or advertising reasons without Sally Kempton’s expressed permission.
Past course topics include:
- Open Heart Meditation, Level I
- Witness Meditation: The Power in Awareness, Level II
- Art of Tantric Meditation
- What is My Dharma?
- Practicing Enlightenment
- Dancing with the Divine Feminine
- Falling in Love with Meditation
- Turning Poison into Nectar: Practicing with the Energies of Your Shadow
- Kundalini: The Living Flame of your Conscious Evolution
- Freedom, Ecstasy and Awakening: A Deep Dive into Tantric Meditation
- Surfing Reality I: The Transformative Journey and the Yoga of Divine Energy
- Surfing Reality II: Practicing with the Energy of the Universe
“The power of these teleconferences continues to astonish me. Sally’s voice is so magical, pure, profound, and insightful that I can go almost instantly into a deep meditation when I hear the guided meditations. Her teleclasses share so much wisdom and knowledge.” –– JC, Palo Alto, California
“Practical, insightful, and above all deeply meditative, Sally’s teleconferences have become indispensable to my practice.” –– LM, Portland, Oregon
“I have been struggling with meditation commitment for years. Sally’s guidance and positive encouragement has shifted this for me in a way that no other teacher was able to guide me through.” –– ES, Austin, Texas