New to telecourses? Read our FAQ.
Tuesdays, January 10–February 14, 2017
5–7pm Pacific / 8–10 Eastern
TELECOURSE: The Awakened Life: The Bhagavad Gita and the Path of Action
“Other philosophies may remove ignorance, but they have no power to bestow Self-realization. The Gita does.”
—From the Commentary on the Bhagavad Gita by Jnaneshwar Maharaj
The Bhagavad Gita is a User’s Manual for living a liberated life. Not only a classic of spiritual literature, it offers the world’s most reliable guidance on the essence of yoga, the paths of knowledge and devotion, and what it really means to follow the yoga of action.
As we follow Krishna’s teaching to his disciple and friend Arjuna, we discover answers to our own questions about dharma and karma, right livelihood, life-work balance, the nature of the Self. The text shows you how to practice non-duality in the midst of skillful action, what it really means to follow the path of grace, the true yoga of knowledge and devotion, and so much more.
Above all, the Gita is a map of the path to Self-realization. It challenges our assumptions, calls us to our highest self, and shows us how to take refuge in the heart when we’re being tossed on waves of uncertainty.
We can be transformed by these teachings. Yet to fully receive them demands that we be willing to explore ourselves. In this class you’ll have a chance to look into the heart of your own journey—using as our guide a set of teachings that sparkle with grace, power, and truth.
In our six weeks of teachings, self-study and contemplation, we’ll explore the key verses on action. We’ll unpack Krishna’s powerful maps of the different approaches to yoga, and his teachings on the qualities of a true human being. We’ll follow his instructions for meditation on the Self, and look into the 3 gunas (basic qualities of nature) as they operate in the inner and outer world, and much more.
Above all, we’ll discover the radical possibilities that unfold when we learn how to live and act from the understanding of our fundamental oneness.
Along with the text itself, we’ll explore the non-dual commentaries of some of our greatest sages, including Abhinavagupta, Jnaneshwar Maharaj, and others. The class will include audio meditations, rich opportunities for contemplation and study, bonus interviews, and interactive sessions.
All participants upon purchasing/signing up and/or entering the private student telecourse area understand:
- They are responsible for any long distance rates when calling into class.
- The materials received during the course are copyrighted by law and they shall not be given away, sold, or shared with others without expressed permission from Sally Kempton or her designate.
- They are giving consent to audio recording, and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for webcasts, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on web sites, publication, sale, or any other purpose by Sally Kempton and/or her representatives. Teleclass participants release Sally Kempton and each and all persons involved from and liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of sound recordings. As a teleclass participant any and all rights are waived to any claims for payments or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, or other publication or sale of these materials. Participants also waive the right to inspect or approve any audio recordings.
- Their last name will never be shared on calls (unless the individual shares it) to protect participants anonymity and confidentiality.
- They will receive recordings of the classes, and must honor confidentiality and copyrights of all material. Please do not share class recordings with anyone and know that you may have access to the recordings, but they are the property of Sally Kempton and you are not allowed to sale, distribute, or use them for promotional or advertising reasons without Sally Kempton’s expressed permission.
Past course topics include:
- Open Heart Meditation, Level I
- Witness Meditation: The Power in Awareness, Level II
- Art of Tantric Meditation
- What is My Dharma?
- Practicing Enlightenment
- Dancing with the Divine Feminine
- Falling in Love with Meditation
- Turning Poison into Nectar: Practicing with the Energies of Your Shadow
- Kundalini: The Living Flame of your Conscious Evolution
- Freedom, Ecstasy and Awakening: A Deep Dive into Tantric Meditation
- Surfing Reality I: The Transformative Journey and the Yoga of Divine Energy
- Surfing Reality II: Practicing with the Energy of the Universe
“The power of these teleconferences continues to astonish me. Sally’s voice is so magical, pure, profound, and insightful that I can go almost instantly into a deep meditation when I hear the guided meditations. Her teleclasses share so much wisdom and knowledge.” –– JC, Palo Alto, California
“Practical, insightful, and above all deeply meditative, Sally’s teleconferences have become indispensable to my practice.” –– LM, Portland, Oregon
“I have been struggling with meditation commitment for years. Sally’s guidance and positive encouragement has shifted this for me in a way that no other teacher was able to guide me through.” –– ES, Austin, Texas