Telecourse held January 9-February 13, 2019
The true test of our practice is the moment we face our own death. In eastern traditions, death is seen as a time of powerful spiritual opportunity. If we are prepared and conscious, the illusions of our life can fall away, and we can liberate ourselves from suffering and open to the highest truth of the Self.
In this six-week telecourse, we’ll work deeply with the yogic teachings and practices on karma and dying.
- What does it mean to be prepared for dying?
- How do our karmic patterns affect our life circumstances, and how can we make our practice an antidote to our suffering by unlocking the secrets of transcending karma?
- Are there methods of moving beyond the ego that we can learn and practice in meditation?
- Above all, what are the most effective practices we can use right now that will not only make our lives better but also protect us at the time of death?
We’ll start by establishing the deepest possible understanding of karma and how it works. We’ll look at the connection between our spiritual practice and our karmic patterns. We’ll discover what the sages of all great yogic traditions teach us about how to move beyond karmic obstructions.
We’ll work with great teachings from the Upanishads, the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and the experiences of yogis who have experienced the worlds between lifetimes.
- How particular karmic patterns affect all the areas of our life,
- How inner and outer practices can transform these patterns—and which patterns can be transformed and which must be accepted,
- The secret pathways of the after-death worlds,
- What the sages teach us about how to leave the body,
- What it really means to let go,
- And much more.