Announcing the 2018-2019 Awakened Heart Meditation Teachers’ Training
Beginning in May, 2018, Sally will offer, for the first time, a 9-month Awakened Heart Meditation Teacher’s Training. The first training will be at Mount Madonna Retreat Center from May 25-June 1, 2018. (We will have registration set up in the next month or so). The training is open to people who have:
- practiced meditation seriously for at least two years
- studied meditation with Sally in at least one five-day in person retreat, as well as in at least one 6-week or two 3-week teleseminars, (such as the Spanda Karikas, Vijnana Bhairava, Wisdom Goddess, or Awakened Life series)
The Training curriculum will include two 5-day in-person retreats with Sally, nine 3-hour monthly teleclasses, guided mentoring, and on-going biweekly small group peer work. In-person retreats will be held at Esalen, Mount Madonna, and Kripalu. They will include intensive group meditation practice, self-inquiry, partner work, training in crafting instructions for different levels of students, the art of answering questions, ethical guidelines, the art of transmitting meditative states, teaching satsang, and much more.
If you are interested in the training, please fill out the Application here.
August 6-11, 2017
57 Interlaken Road
Stockbridge, MA 01262
Freedom, Ecstasy and Awakening: The Art and Practice of Tantric Meditation
A Five-Day Immersion in the Heart of the Spiritual Journey
Tantric practice is the art of finding sacred energy in the midst of ordinary life. It offers a path to direct inner experience that is both mystical and practical—and that can transform your outlook so that you can surf reality even in difficult circumstances.
This paradigm-shifting five-day Intensive offers a direct transmission of the heart of these practices. Led by a contemporary meditation master, it is based on a beloved meditation text called the Vijnana Bhairava (Experience of the Infinite). Profound, playful and utterly consciousness expanding, the meditations in this beloved text range from secret tantric breath meditations to contemplations on the power within desire and fear, from meditations on sensory experience to contemplations of your identity with the Absolute. Any one of them will catch your mind by surprise and radically expand awareness. In fact, any one of them can be a portal into enlightened awareness—even for someone new to the journey of meditation.
You’ll be guided through a series of powerful teachings, contemplations and imaginative exercises that can shift your approach to meditation, and ultimately transform your body, your mind and your relationships. The workshop offers transmission from a profound tradition of non-dual wisdom, opening pathways that allow an astonishing depth of practice, even for someone new to the path.
During these five days you will learn:
In this class, you’ll learn:
- How to instantly contact your divine source
- How specific practices help you navigate life
- Creative approaches to meditation
- Using pleasure and pain as doorways into self-realization
- The secrets of opening energetic blocks
- How to meditate with another person during one-on-one dialogue
- Sensory meditation practice—turning any moment into a meditation
- Mantra, movement and meditative writing as doorways into your own Shakti
- Meditating in the physical and subtle body, and much more
- How every moment of your life can be a doorway into peace and freedom and, yes, spontaneous love
August 11-13, 2017
57 Interlaken Road
Stockbridge, MA 01262
Awakening Shakti: Meditation, Kundalini and the Energy of the Heart
This powerful practice workshop unfolds an approach to meditation that harnesses the alchemical inner energy called Kundalini Shakti. Using closely guided meditation, mantra, visualization, and inner journeying, we’ll connect to our own meditative energy, open the core channels in the body, and explore how to invoke the sacred feminine within the body and mind. Based on Sally’s deep practical understanding of the inner meditation energy, this workshop is designed to help you explore an energetic approach to meditation practice, so that every session becomes a transformative inner experience.
September 1-3, 2017
57 Jamestown Road
London, NW1 7db
Coming Home to the Self: Three Workshops with Sally Kempton
who are you? discovering your enlightened self
fri 01 september 2017 7.00pm – 9.00pm
freedom, ecstasy + awakening: the art of tantric meditation
sat 02 september 2017 2.00pm – 5.00pm
intimacy with the divine: a contemporary approach to the yoga of love
sun 03 september 2017 2.00pm – 5.00pm
September 5-9, 2017
57 Jamestown Road
London, NW1 7db
Five-Day Meditation Teachers’ Training: For yogis and others
Teaching meditation requires much more than giving just giving instructions. It’s a profound dialogue between the teacher’s own state and practice, and the hearts of the students. A skilled meditation teacher offers a genuine transmission of the state of meditation, and can help students open to their own meditative current. Along with that, a true teacher can work with the energies of different students, and guide the student as to which type of meditation practice is appropriate at different times and for different individuals.
Sally Kempton is an acknowledged master of meditative states, a scholar/practioner of many meditative traditions. Known for her ability to help students move through blocks and open up their practice, she transmits an approach to meditation that has transformed the experience of thousands of practioners.
This promises to be a profoundly transformative experience for serious students and teachers. Sally will take you through a teacher training that goes far beyond the basics. The days will include lectures, group discussion, trouble-shooting guidance, explanations of how different styles of meditation work and how they relate to other styles. The course includes lab work in answering questions, mutual inquiry designed to help you discover your own true style of teaching this essential practice, instruction in how to prepare a talk on meditation,
Some topics will include:
- Why meditation is an essential practice and what meditation does and does not do for you
- Styles of meditation and the strengths and weakness of each
- How to transmit meditative awareness
- Secrets of posture and meditative asana
- The role of pranayama and the natural breath
- The truth about mantra meditation
- Mindfulness practice: The art of focus
- What is true tantric meditation, and what makes your teaching tantric.
- Beyond mindfulness and mantra: How to relax into pure awareness
- Meditation and self-inquiry
- Your brain on meditation: the latest findings of neuro-science
- Working with fear, blockages, dryness, and other obstructions
- Balanced practice
- How to help your students harvest the effects of meditation
- Commonly asked questions and how to work with them
- How your own meditation practice teaches you how to teach meditation
September 14-17, 2017*
Il Picciolo Etna Golf Resort & Spa
Strada Statale 120, Km 200
Castiglione di Sicilia (CT), Italy
Surfing Reality: The Transformative Journey & the Yoga of Divine Energy: A Living Exploration of the Spanda Karikas
The Spanda Karikas (Verses on Pulsation) is a blueprint for living with the highest wisdom. Its pithy verses offer us both a vision and a practice for recognizing how the reality works, then moving with skill and grace through the challenges of our lives. As Sally shows us how to apply these teachings to our lives, you learn to recognize how energy moves in your inner and outer life, and how transforming the energy in your body-mind can help you find the sacred in every moment and encounter of your life—especially in challenging times.
You discover the natural doorways into the infinite within your own body, mind, and feelings, and how to find the sacred in every moment and encounter of our lives.
Sally unfolds key teachings from the Spanda Karikas, along with powerful practices and contemplative exercises designed to transform your consciousness from the ground up. Working with the body, the mind and the heart, we’ll establish deeply personal pathways into the power of divine creativity. The course includes meditations and contemplation practices that you can take into the situations of your life, and that will shift your awareness of everything you do.
- How to discover and work with the subtle energies in your own body
- The key understanding that helps us move through reality successfully—even in hard times
- Discovering the pulsation of power that creates thoughts and feelings
- How to find the still point at the heart of movement
- Transforming emotions through the energy of emotions
Certain teachings are innately transformative. The energy teachings of the Spanda Karikas are like a living depth charge of awakening energy. When you take them in, they change not only the way you live your life, but also the way life lives you.
To be changed and awakened through a wisdom teaching as powerful as these, you need the guidance of a teacher who knows them well, and who can show you how to take the teaching into your life through contemplation and guided activity. That’s when these teachings and practices not only shift your awareness—but also transform the energy of your brain and body.
Several hundred students have studied these teachings with Sally. Overwhelmingly, they shared that the process that began for them then has continued to support and transform their lives. They tell us that every time they tune back into these teachings, they create new and deeper shifts within.
This wisdom can change everything about your life—and draw you deeper and deeper into the experience of truth and love.
Andrea Boni will be teaching yoga and other practices during the retreat, also.
*Guests are welcome to extend their stay until September 19.
Contact Carla Arosio (+39 3395965602) or firstname.lastname@example.org for further info and registration.