New to telecourses? Read our FAQ.
Tuesdays, July 2-August 13, 2019 (NO CLASS July 30)
5:00-7pm Pacific / 8:00-10pm Eastern
NEW TELECOURSE: The Splendid Path: Discovering Your Own Enlightened Consciousness through the Shivas Sutras
This summer, the world seems poised for another round of upheaval and change. Upheaval has gifts to give us—but to receive these gifts, we need to immerse ourselves in the truths that never change!
That’s why this is the perfect time to study the great tantric text, the Shiva Sutras.
The Aphorisms of Truth
“The Self is Consciousness.” “Conceptual knowledge is bondage.” With these two lines, a 9th century sage named Vasugupta launched a quiet revolution in consciousness that continues to deepen today.
The Shiva Sutras was his manifesto. It emerged from the experience of a mind irradiated with Truth. And, in our world, where even facts are up for debate, these truths matter more than ever.
For centuries, small numbers of chosen practitioners turned to the Shiva Sutras for understanding the greatest mysteries of life. In our time, the text has been recognized as one of the purest expressions of enlightened awareness ever written. It survived centuries of political upheavals and religious conflicts to emerge in the modern world as a radical guidebook to the deepest questions of human life. Now that scientists as well as meditators are exploring the mysteries of consciousness, these teachings are more relevant than ever.
In this class, we’ll begin a deep dive into the key sutras, and into the subtle teachings behind them. The Shiva Sutras unfolds the deepest secrets about mantra. It gives us a three-leveled approach to understanding and working with the mind. it defines and describes the nature of mystical transmission, analyzes the pitfalls and obstacles that create problems in sadhana, and describes the levels of enlightenment in a way that makes it instantly accessible.
This is a teaching that can awaken and guide you for years to come. To “get” it, you need to study with a teacher who holds these truths and can help you unfold them for yourself.
Like all Sally’s courses, this one will be highly practical as well as philosophical. You’ll learn:
- A series of radical teachings and methods for transforming your own mind.
- How to do powerful inquiry into your own nature, and answer every question you have from within the wisdom-source of your own consciousness.
- How to translate cosmic power into radical personal intention.
- What is free will and do you have any?
- What does it really mean to say that God lives within you as you?
- Unlocking the power in a mantra.
The course includes lectures that unfold the practical secrets hidden within the text, meditations designed to help you see through the veils that hide your Self, contemplations you can take into the most difficult situations of your life, creative homework assignments, and opportunities for partner practice and discussion. All this together will weave a transformative tapestry that can illuminate your daily life and open you to your own radical possibilities.
Each class will be available both live via phone or webcast and as an MP3 download.
Please join us for a summer of profound inner exploration!
All participants upon purchasing/signing up and/or entering the private student telecourse area understand:
- They are responsible for any long distance rates when calling into class.
- The materials received during the course are copyrighted by law and they shall not be given away, sold, or shared with others without expressed permission from Sally Kempton or her designate.
- They are giving consent to audio recording, and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for webcasts, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on web sites, publication, sale, or any other purpose by Sally Kempton and/or her representatives. Teleclass participants release Sally Kempton and each and all persons involved from and liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of sound recordings. As a teleclass participant any and all rights are waived to any claims for payments or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, or other publication or sale of these materials. Participants also waive the right to inspect or approve any audio recordings.
- Their last name will never be shared on calls (unless the individual shares it) to protect participants anonymity and confidentiality.
- They will receive recordings of the classes, and must honor confidentiality and copyrights of all material. Please do not share class recordings with anyone and know that you may have access to the recordings, but they are the property of Sally Kempton and you are not allowed to sale, distribute, or use them for promotional or advertising reasons without Sally Kempton’s expressed permission.
Past course topics include:
- Open Heart Meditation, Level I
- Witness Meditation: The Power in Awareness, Level II
- Art of Tantric Meditation
- What is My Dharma?
- Practicing Enlightenment
- Dancing with the Divine Feminine
- Falling in Love with Meditation
- Turning Poison into Nectar: Practicing with the Energies of Your Shadow
- Kundalini: The Living Flame of your Conscious Evolution
- Freedom, Ecstasy and Awakening: A Deep Dive into Tantric Meditation
- Surfing Reality I: The Transformative Journey and the Yoga of Divine Energy
- Surfing Reality II: Practicing with the Energy of the Universe
- The Path of Life and Death: Wisdom and Practice for the After-Death Journey
“The power of these teleconferences continues to astonish me. Sally’s voice is so magical, pure, profound, and insightful that I can go almost instantly into a deep meditation when I hear the guided meditations. Her teleclasses share so much wisdom and knowledge.” –– JC, Palo Alto, California
“Practical, insightful, and above all deeply meditative, Sally’s teleconferences have become indispensable to my practice.” –– LM, Portland, Oregon
“I have been struggling with meditation commitment for years. Sally’s guidance and positive encouragement has shifted this for me in a way that no other teacher was able to guide me through.” –– ES, Austin, Texas